Welcome to the participant enrollment for our fly-fishing outings. In this enrollment process, we require some basic information from you in order to know what outing will best suit your needs along with knowing how to maintain contact with you as the trip planning cycle begins. For all of our fly-fishing outing trips, there is absolutely no cost to you in participating. We take care of transportation, meals, lodging, fly-fishing equipment (rod/reel, flies, tippet, etc.) and seek to maintain a 1:1 or 1:2 between the experienced guide and the participant. Our fly-fishing outings normally start in mid-June and run through September each year.
It is our intent to notify a participant of their selection to participate at least 30 days prior to the trip’s start date. Additionally, it is our intent to only have a participant on one trip per year in order to equitably serve all Veterans who desire to participate. We will maintain a standby list in order to ensure all trips are full.
Within our fly-fishing outing program, we offer:
- Day trips to some local streams within the Helena surrounding area on both public and private land. These are wade/walk trips and the participant must be able to walk and wade without support.
- Float trips on the Blackfoot River utilizing fishing style rafts.
- 2-Day float trips on the Missouri River. This trip will utilize drift boats, lodging along the river and fishing river sections between Holter Dam and Cascade, MT.
- 2 ½ Day wade/walk trip to the Ruby River fishing within the area owned by the Ruby River Foundation (just south of Sheridan, MT.
- 2-Day Women’s only trip on the Missouri River. This trip will utilize drift boats, lodging along the river and fishing river sections between Holter Dam and Cascade, MT.
- Other trips as opportunities become available.
Please complete the below enrollment and Thank you for your interest in participating!
All information provided will only be used for trip participation by Mending Waters Montana and will not be provided to any third party.